Women in Streaming: Talvi
Interview with Talvi

UK based Twitch streamer.
Name: Talvi
Pronouns: She/her.
Based in: UK
Platform: Twitch
Streams: World of Warcraft, art.
Hi Talvi! Tell us three fun facts about yourself.
Hi there! Three things about me are as follows:- I can speak multiple languages (English, Spanish, French, Russian) but I keep my content to English so I can be accessible to most countries.
- I am partially deaf, I lost my hearing due to many loud concerts!
- I am a collector of things in twos :p I have two kids, two cats, two degrees and have lived in two different countries :)
When did your streaming journey begin, and what inspired to start?
2017. I was coming to the end of my first degree and I realised I needed something else to do as a hobby as I was completely devoid of something to do in the evenings. I realised that I should stream as I generally played games in the evenings anyhow. I originally started streaming from the Twitch app on the Xbox One and eventually moved over to a PC when I acquired more income.What's your favourite game/content to stream/share? What do you enjoy most about it?
World of Warcraft. The game has been a part of my life since I was a teenager, as I originally became hooked on the storyline and the world back in the games of Warcraft II and Warcraft III. When World of Warcraft came out, I knew that I was just going to make the natural progression towards more of an online game. I’ve made many friends throughout the community, including my partner – who I’ve been with for the last ten years.Do you feel like there is a stigma for women streamers in the industry?
Sometimes. I find certain genres of games there is a predisposition to live up to a certain standard, and I find that a little bit sad. Sometimes people just want to play a game, no matter how good they are at it. I’d honestly compare it to the stereotypical trope of ‘women drivers’ – they’re not all bad, and from personal experience, I find that most women drivers are better than men! And I’d honestly make the same comparison to women in gaming – they’re generally calmer, more level-headed and more thoughtful than many male streamers I’ve seen out there.What’s one piece of advice you’d give to women who want to begin streaming?
Be yourself. Don’t become a caricature or a moulding of what other people want you to be. Honestly is key and people generally look for a streamer who is comfortable being themselves.Where can people find you online?
I stream on Twitch twice a week Wednesdays and Saturdays, 7.30pm GMT. On Wednesday, I have a Warcraft-focused stream where we look at what’s in the vault and a little bit of farming rare mounts and pets.Saturday is when I paint scenes from all across Azeroth, Draenor, Outland and the Shadowlands. I am a traditional artist, with my medium being acrylic paint mainly.
On a general basis, you can find me nattering away about Warcraft, cats, food and general life crap on Twitter. My handle is @talvionline.
Thanks so much for the questions and being given the opportunity this International Women’s Day!
Comments
Post a Comment